A bee smoker is an essential piece of equipment for every beekeeper. It is used to produce smoke which is then introduced into the hive you want to work on. The smoke has a calming effect on the bees and makes them less likely to sting.
Needless to say, your bee smoker, therefore needs to be of good quality. It is difficult doing running repairs on equipment when you are wearing a cumbersome bee suit and gloves.
A product I would recommend is the Goodland Bee Supply bee smoker. It has a number of features that make it a good product and a worthwhile buy.
What I Like About The Goodland Bee Supply Bee Smoker
Here are some of the features of this bee smoker that I found to make it a great product.
- Constructed from stainless steel
- Quality build
- Large smoke chamber which makes for better smoke generation
- Removable internal burn tray – makes for a more complete burn of the material
- Wire burn cage – offers protection to the smoker if dropped, and protection to the beekeeper from getting burned by the hot smoker
- Hook on the burn cage – allows fore easy storage, and placing the smoker out of harms way when it is hot
- Bellows made of leather, making them durable
- Easy to clean
Overall, I found this product to be of high quality. The design is also comfortable and easy to use while wearing gloves. The airflow through the bee smoker is great, giving a complete fuel burn in the burn chamber. The operation of the bellows pumps a good volume of air into the chamber and a consistent flow of smoke through the nozzle.
Whether you are doing hive maintenance or honey harvesting, the Goodland bee smoker is a reliable, well made product that will be a valuable asset to your bee keeping gear!
You may also like ……
Get more posts like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.