Sunforce 82080 80-LED Solar Motion Light
I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. View our Affiliate Disclaimer.
Lighting in the off-grid lifestyle can be a challenge, particularly security lighting. The Sunforce Solar Motion Light is an ideal solution to the problem!
You will find that often, a big problem with an alternative energy source, such as solar, is getting the generated energy to where you need it. Internal lighting, close to the source is less of a problem, particularly if you use a self contained gravity powered light, which I think is a great product, by the way!
A similar idea is implemented in this product for security application. Lets take a look at it!
Why a Solar Motion Light
You may wonder why a solar motion light is a good idea. The great characteristics of this Sunforce 80-LED Solar Motion Light will convince you why it is such a great solution.
- It is a self-contained unit. The product has it’s own solar panel to charge the internal battery. This means it can be placed anywhere you need it on your home or homestead. It is great for discouraging predators around your chicken enclosure!
- Motion sensor control. This feature is great, because the light is only activated when the sensor is triggered. This reduces the burn time of the LED’s which increases the length of time the battery lasts. You can adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor as well as the duration the light stays on after activation.
- Using new generation LED’s as the light source makes the unit efficient with power usage. By using a total of 80 LED’s the unit produces a powerful 900 lumens, providing great illumination in the 30ft (10 metre) range of the motion sensor.
- The solar motion light is fully weather resistant making it suitable for most locations.
- The internal battery is replaceable
I think this is a great product that can have many applications not only on the homestead, but also around the suburban home. Should your power grid go out, you will still have security lighting around your home!
Get more posts like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.