The cast iron dutch oven it simply unbeatable as a multipurpose camping pot! The Lodge Dutch Oven is a great product that works wonders with slow-cooking recipes. There are many varieties of the dutch oven, but this one from the Lodge Foundry is a particularly well designed pot.
What I Like About The Lodge Dutch Oven
- The lid is tight-fitting lid which locks in nutrition and flavor and allows coals to be placed on top of the pot.
- It comes pre-seasoned, so it is ready to cook straight out of the box!
- It is made of cast iron. This helps to evenly distributes heat and retain the heat better.
- The loop handle is convenient for positioning and removal of the pot over the fire
- This product is easy to clean and maintain.
- The surface is pretty much non-stick, reducing the amount of oil needed in cooking.
- Tough and durable! the cast iron construction makes this pot almost indestructible.
- The integrated legs allow the pot to be placed directly in the fire but keeps it above the coals.
Easy To Clean
Cleaning the cast iron pot is simple. You simply hand wash the pot and dry with a clean cloth. Then, rub the pot with cooking oil to give the pot a light coating of oil all over. Replenishing the seasoning with this process is important. You should do it every time you clean the dutch oven. The more you use your cast iron cookware, the more the seasoning is improved. A good excuse to get outdoors and get cooking!
Lodge is a Green Foundry
Lodge is a family owned American business and is a zero hazardous waste stream foundry. The company re-processes waste vegetable oil into bio-diesel. All the packaging materials are biodegradable and can be recycled.
Bonus: when you purchase your Lodge Dutch Oven, you get the Camp Dutch Oven 101 cookbook absolutely free. This will help you get started and get the most out of your dutch oven!
You may also like this post of ours on these amazing cast iron camping pots.
Get more posts like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.